I want to get notifications sent to my email address when our chat is offline/online and our customer sends a message through chat from our website. How to setup this option?
Follow the step-by-step guidance to setup offline and online notifications:
1) login into your WordPress dashboard;
2) on the sidebar or on the admin bar move to your plugin ‘Chat’;
3) move down and find ‘Email Settings / SMTP Settings’
4) tick ‘Method 2: wp-chat.com service’. (We’d recommend this method as it is universal and works for all).
5) in ‘Sending of online & offline Notifications’ there are two options:
– ‘If new ‘online’ chat started, send notification to this email’. In front of it fill in the email you want to get notifications to;
– ‘Send ‘offline’ messages to this email’. In front of it fill in the email you want to get notifications to.
6) Save changes.