Step-by-step guidance how to change User Name and Operator Name for chatbox in Live Chat.
Please advise if it is possible to change how the customer’s name appears on the chat window. Currently, our chatbox calls the client’s “You” and we would prefer it say “Customer” or “Me”.
There are 2 ways to change User and Admin signatures for chat window. Choose the most convenient.
1) from WordPress website dashboard;
-go to ‘Chat’;
– open ‘Chat Signatures’;
– write the name you want for Admin Signature and one for User Signature;
– Save Changes.
2) From admin area www.wp-chat.com
– login into www.wp-chat.com;
– open settings;
– in ‘Signatures’ type the names to use for Admin and User;